Roughing It On The Rock Rustic Lodge Rental in Kuluk
$125.00 per night for entire duplex, not per person
Long term and packages rates available—please ask. Reservations in advance are recommended, as loding on Adak fills up fast, especially during the hunting season. Booking is available through AirBnB beginning 31 August 2019
See catering page for special occasion cakes and menus--let me help you celebrate your Wedding or Renewal of Vows--gluten-free upon request.
Roughing It On the Rock rental lodge is a 2-bedroom one bath ranch style duplex. Wake up to great views of Mt. Moffett and Razorback--sunrise and sunset can be spectacular!
- 2 bedrooms, the Gold Room with full-sized bed, breakfast table and two chairs, dresser and two nightstands with lamps--a romantic, cozy setting with a great view of the morning sunrise and Razorback Mountain
and the Blue Room with two twins beds, night stand and lamp, dresser and two chairs--great views of Mt. Moffett [Adak-father]
- Tiled Shower in shared, full bathroom
- Livingroom with color TV and DVD player and games
- Singer 401 Slant Needle sewing machine with attachments and manual, iron and rotary cutter & mat available for quilter's use
- Library books on the Aleutians, with an emphasis on archaeology, flora and some military are available from the host--also many decor, cooking, sewing books
- Digital nomads? A desk is available with a non-networked computer and open office suite for composing reports or working on your next novel. A phone charge cube is available if you've forgotten yours. If you must check your email, Internet is available for a fee at island hotspots in the airport and the Blue Bird Café.
- Kitchen with pots and pans and utensils for a four burner/oven electric stove, bakeware, dishes, cutlery, a few pantry staples and spices/herbs; specialty cook/bakeware is available from the host as is special processing equipment
- Drip Coffee Maker
- Microwave, tea kettle and toaster
- Use of washer and dryer and shared freezer space
- Use of garage to hang meat and clean fish
- Some fishing equipment: fresh, salt and fly available
- Bird feeder in common area's front yard
- Outdoor covered common seating area with firepit, barbeque and breafast table/chairs
- Free pick up and delivery to airport
- I will taxi you to and from your fishing/hunting drop off point—F-150 pickup OR
Guided hunts for caribou, ptarmigan and waterfowl are available from several outfitters on the island, as is the rental of off-road vehicles from Jack Stewart.
Birding enthusiasts will appreciate the covered seating from which to watch birds at the feeder in the front yard. A large parking area is just across the street.
Alaska Airlines allows three checked bags and two carry-ons into and out of Adak from Anchorage. If you plan to take fish or meat back with you, pack your food and supplies in coolers on your flight in.
There is a store, 100 Knot Stop, on Adak, but it carries mostly convenience foods--no fresh produce, dairy or meat. If you are not planning on eating what you catch or hunt while you are here, be sure and bring enough supplies.
Roughing It On the Rock is a luxurious, hard-shelled tent!
If everything were perfect--I would have to change the name!